4/19/21 We are currently looking for someone to fill the role of FARM COORDINATOR. This is a part-time position and the ideal candidate is someone who loves organization, is great at communicating with a team of people, and is good with details. This role will include but not be limited to:
- tracking volunteer & intern applications
- monitoring and organizing education program attendee information (camps, after-school-programs, etc)
- being the contact person for general farm inquiries
- co-ordinating and being the central contact person for interns & volunteers
- Stock monitoring and ordering of livestock feed, medical supplies and soap making supplies
- ordering promotional and branded merchandise
- soap labelling and packaging
- soap production pre-batching some solutions (guidance on this will be given)
- yarn labelling
- workspace organization
If you would like to join our team please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
By contributing time and talent, our volunteers help the farm and our educational programs grow. We attract a diverse and truly interesting group of people, united by their passion to learn about and help our natural habitats and our food system.
Interns learn about our food system, horticulture, as well as animal husbandry of sheep, goats, chickens (egg and meat), rabbits and honeybees. Small scale growing of both vegetable and cutting flowers, land stewardship and habitat maintenance are pivotal to all of the work that is done at Henny Penny Farm.